From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 16:12:08 -0700
On Tue, 9 May 2000 16:47:04 -0500, Chuck Spindler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>As I write this and go over it all in my brain trying to remember if
>anything else has changed, it occurs to me that I have altered my
>nutritional supplement profile in the recent 4-8 weeks.  Specifically,
>I've added stand-alone supplements of Magnesium Citrate (800 mg/day),
>CoQ10 (100 mg/day), and Vitamin E (1000 IU/day).  Prior to these
>additions, my supplement regimen had been static since I began.  Hmmm .
>. . could this be the key?  I didn't mean to bias this message towards
>the supps, any other thoughts or ideas as well would be appreciated . .

It wasn't bias, it was intuition.

If you reading Protein Power Life Plan closely, you'll notice that they caution
that Magnesium is a LAXATIVE.

800mg/day is a little on the high side for supplementation, especially since you
may already be consuming some source of magnesium.   Try cutting it in half to
400mg/day and see if that does the trick.

After reading PPLP, I also increased my magnesium intake, which worked for me
because I was tending a little towards constipation at the time! :-)

One of the most popular laxatives on the market is "Milk of Magnesia"...

PS   I'm not sure about the heartburn, it could be related, or it could be
something else.   Usually, heartburn is corrected by doing low-carb or paleo.

PPS   As a result of PPLP, it is hard to find magnesium online at the moment!

--
Cheers,

Ken