From:
Brad Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 16:10:14 -0500
I do, unfortunately, consume carbohydrates.  I occasionally drink soda
(coke, pepsi, etc.), which my mother got me hooked on as a child...I think I
have some kind of emotional attachment to them.  I regret it every time I
drink one because I drink too many and feel sick all day long.  However, I
prefer meat to all other foods.  I do eat asparagus, collard greens, mustard
greens, turnip greens, or spinach regularly.  I rarely eat fruit or nuts.
Otherwise, I eat meat liberally...usually beef (rare), occasionally venison,
poultry, pork, lamb (very rare), liver, fish (sometimes raw), etc.  I don't
eat organ meats regularly yet, although I do like liver.  I snack on boiled
eggs 3-4 per day.  I occasionally take Cod Liver Oil supplements.  I am
still trying to make the time to find a source of suet in Houston and try
pemmican.

I started this WOE in early 1999 and have since dropped 60 lbs from 295 to
235 lbs.  I actually started on the Zone/Protein Power in early 1998 when I
was borderline diabetic and went from 315 to 295 lbs by the time I started
paleo.  I am 5'10" with an LBM of 188 (a 15 lb increase since starting
paleo), so I still have 20-30 lbs left to lose.  I am generally active
playing softball, basketball, and golf regularly.  I lift weights once a
week employing Art De Vany's methods.  My cardiovascular health, lipids,
bone density, etc. are all excellent...most people think I am in my early
20's but I am 30 yrs old.  My health and appearance have improved
dramatically since starting paleo.  My dad is diabetic, has high blood
pressure, etc. so I knew that was my fate unless I did something.

Phil Thrift's post a week or so ago got me motivated to really step up my
weight loss and weightlifting efforts, so I think I will shoot for 210-215
within the few months.  BTW, this list has been an incredible resource and
source of inspiration.

Thanks,

Brad Cooley