From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 15:21:33 -0700
Great backpacking food suggestions folks. That's why
this list is so valuable - there were a lot of ideas I
had never really considered, and I've backpacked on
and off for most of my life. ("Gardening on the go"
with sprouts. I especially liked that one).

Onto another subject. I heard a local news story on
the radio today. It seems a lady from PETA
(unfortunately, not the People Eating Tasty Animals
group :) staged some sort of demonstration in a local
park today with some kind of giant paper mache fish.
Her message? She wants to convince kids that fishing
is bad and they should leave their fishing poles at
home. Come on now, what'll be next with these people?
I can "kind of" understand their revulsion about
killing and eating cute, cuddly mammals - but fish? Am
I missing something here?