From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:27:20 -0600
From: A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2000 5:50 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Noise.

> My comp, which is 3 years old, has recently developed a low, rumbling
noise.

This is unlikely to be a hard drive bearing problem.  The noise caused
by this is more a high-pitched squeal than what you have described.  To
check for the noise coming from the power supply, when you hear the
noise, you can stop the fan in the power supply by carefully inserting a
soft object like a plastic straw into the slots in the back of the power
supply where it is exposed on the rear of your computer.  Don't use a
hard object as you will take a chance of damaging the fan.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html