Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:40:41 -0600
At 09:19 PM 03/22/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>I've never used one of those "RAM doubler" programs.  From what I
>remember hearing about them the best that can be said is that they may
>not cause any harm.  In other words, they really don't do much to help
>with low memory problems.  I'd start by uninstalling RAM Booster and see
>if that helps with your recent slow down.
>
>You don't mention how much disk space you have left but I'd guess that
>you are probably low on disk space too.  Go to Windows Explorer and
>right-click on your C drive then choose Properties to see how much disk
>space you have left.  Please check on this and write another message to
>the list giving us this information.
>
>You will see a great increase in speed in any version of Windows by
>increasing your memory from 16MB to 32MB.  Beyond that, you will
>probably not see a big difference - depending on how you use your
>system.  Memory prices have been dropping lately so maybe it's time to
>look again.  32MB of used 72-pin SIMMs are going for around $35 on Ebay
>right now - about 2/3 of new price in my local stores.  It's not
>difficult to install more memory but if you are not comfortable doing it
>yourself the first time, you could try asking someone to help - a local
>computer users' group is a good place to start if you don't know anyone.

Well, I removed the RamBooster from the computer (I did finally figure out
that the program significantly slowed the computer) and going into Orb of
Power (aka My Computer) shows 550,469,632 of used space and 301,858,816 of
free space. So now I have to figure out how to free up some space...where
did I put those floppies? Going to the Gateway site I found it will cost
approx. $141 to upgrade the RAM. If I can find more space on the HD will
this help increase the speed the computer or is it a case of once the
memory is used you can't reclaim it?

What is overclocking?

Lynn Kucera

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: