Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:58:29 +1100
I keep scanner connected and turned on all the time, otherwise after reboot,
computer won't see new USB hardware and therefore, cannot complete installation
processing. What is the brand of your scanner? I know Agfa, Acer, HP and Canon
all requir kept scanner connected and turned on when install.

Jun Qian

Kyle Elmblade wrote:

> Good answer Jun.  I would add one thing.  My USB scanner requires that it
> NOT be connected when the driver install starts, and that I connect it when
> a particular message pops up (I can't remember at the moment exactly what
> message it is).  Have you kept the scanner connected all this time?  Maybe
> you should disconnect it before trying to install the driver again.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html