Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:51:48 +1100
This Acer scanner requires reboot when the first time you load the driver CD, after
reboot, it will complete the driver loading processing. I recommand you
delete/uninstall the scanner (and TWAIN) from device manager, then reload the
driver from the CD, remember, after first run, reboot computer!!! when it ask for
driver after reboot, you will have to maually find the driver location on the CD
and position it to Win98. I have been setting Acer 620U and 320U for many times,
reboot after first run is a must!!!

If you still have problem, you can ask for a replacement to see if the hardware has
problom or not.

Jun Qian

"Changhsu P. Liu" wrote:

> I bought this USB scanner to use at home, but couldn't make it work.
>
> I installed the driver (TWAIN) and launched Photoshop. Import the device.
> Then Windows 98SE says something like Windows found a new hardware,
> installing drivers for you. Then, it ask me to select a device and locate
> the driver for it. I pointed it to the CD. It then says The driver is not
> for the hardware you have. Then I have to cancel.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org