RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 00:12:03 -0700
> Hi all,
>
> Pet wrote:
>> Now what can one think of someone who indulges in triple
>> exclamation points but gripes over shouting in CAPS? (Or should I
>> say "caps???")  So do I.
>> Besides, the 0 in LIFEF0RCE isn't in "CAPS!!!"  Grumpiness may
>> have to do with diet... a personality problem... or stress...
>
> Having read Gregg's post about caps in email addresses and time zones
> and all of this nonsense which is by the way completely off topic :-(
> I would like to suggest that Gregg goes for the job of our new list
> moderator.
> I can see only one problem here: he wouldn't be   m o d e r a t e.
>
> Also I propose that Gregg changes his email name to "Mr. Sheriff"
> or "Mr. Email-Sheriff" or even "MR. EMAIL-SHERIFF" and sets his time
> zone to -7135 hours which is approximately the amount he is behind
> the spirit of this list.  =:O :-\
>
> Liza, thank you for your reply to my proposed "evil things to do"
> and the discussion with Tom about raw-food movements.
>
> I would like to find more discussions about raw food and less adver-
> tising and off-topic trash on the list.
>
> Instinctive regards,
>
> Stefan
>
> E-Mail: [log in to unmask] (slower than snail-mail currently)

Grow Up Stefan!!! - All I wanted was to be able to read through the
Posts here in the order that they came so I can Follow all the Messages
and Threads in their Proper Order - That Is Not Too Much To Ask!!!  But
I can see why you are complaining because you're another +0000 Time Zone
Person and from what I can see it's only you and Pet doing this - I just
looked and Chet Day is as well but I'm sure he's just not Aware of it.
I just don't understand why Certain People can be so Stubborn and
actually throw everyone on the List's Messages Out of Order and also the
List's actual Archives Out of Whack too so that if someone was going to
do a Date and Time Search they would not get the Proper Response.  That
does Everyone who isn't even on the List a Disservice as well, so why
would you and Pet be so Ill-Mannered and so Ill-Natured and so F'ing
Stubborn as to not change your Time Zone to what is your Actual Time
Zone so that I and everyone else can see all the Posts in their Proper
Order and know when they actually were sent, and if I or anyone else
wanted to do a Date and Time Search that we'd know we'd get the Right
Response - The way it is now that can't happen and that's really not
only Inappropriate but Mean, Downright Rude, and Asinine.

For example - Since you seem to need one and be unable to use Simple
Logic and read my past Posts about this the Time Zone issue and why it
messes things up -:

In this Post I'm Replying to you have in your Header:

Subject: Welcome to our new sheriff
   Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 17:38:28 +0000
   From: Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>

and so I can see that you are with GEBIT - Gesellschaft für EDV-Beratung
und Informatik-Technologien mbH - and they have Offices in Berlin and
Düsseldorf, and since in Germany

Daylight Savings Time Starts: 1:00 AM 3-29-98 and
  Daylight Savings Time Ends: 1:00 AM 10-25-98

you should be using CEST (Central European Summer Time) - which is GMT
(Greenwich Mean Time) or UT (Universal Time) +0200 - and so since Los
Angeles, California Time - which is PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) - is 9
hours earlier than Berlin or Düsseldorf, Germany Time you really sent it
at 8:38:28am PDT (My Time) and not 10:38:28am PDT like mine and
everyone's Systems and Archives will show.

So what's the Big Deal with changing your Time Zone to +0200 (CEST) and
everything would be fine? - Are you that much of a !@#$%^&* and have to
be so Stubborn that you'd rather pick on me and say some Crap than to
Fix your System and have everything be Right?  Having it say:
-----
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 17:38:28 +0200
-----
doesn't look so bad to me.

So it's about 4:30pm here so 1:30am the next day (4-25-98) there and it
would be about 11:30pm GMT or UT.  Can you see all the confusion about
not using the Right Time Zone?  So why not just change it?

Pet's wrong Time Zone is even more of a problem and that's why I noticed
it so easily; your Time Zone was only 1 hour behind before DST (Daylight
Savings Time) when you should have been using CET (Central European
Time) (GMT +0100) and so I guess I never noticed it before.  And to see
how Pet's Posts really throw things off, like I've said before, just
look at the Post she did right before yours:

Subject: Re: Meditation Reminder...
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 06:46:35 +0000
 From: PE <[log in to unmask]>

This Post should Kill 2 Birds With One Stone for you:

Firstly, since she's in California like me she should be using PDT and
so sent the Post at 06:46:35 -0700 (PDT) even though it says +0000 (GMT)
- I guess she think she's living in London or something or as she likes
to say:

> Ah, but I go by Universal Time....          Pet

So on my System, everybody else's, and the List's it would show as being
sent:

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 23:46:35 -0700

which is the day before and therefore throws Date Searches way off and
especially Date and Time Searches.

I also noticed she doesn't even have her Clock set to the Right time
because when she privately wrote me it was behind by about 30 mins and
now since DST it's about 1:30 hours behind.  It's easy to see by looking
at the Message Header and seeing when it was Sent and Received.  When
looking at its Path it went like this:

Date:     Fri, 24 Apr 1998 06:46:35 +0000 by <[log in to unmask]>
[* Note: the -1300 should be -0400 but Maelstrom hasn't fixed it yet but
the Time is fine.]

The last Message I sent here followed this Path:

Date:     Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:49:44 -0700 by <[log in to unmask]>

So you can see her System Clock is about 1:30 hours behind so I know
that when we all "Sprung Forward" for DST she fell behind another hour
because she obviously doesn't have a System that Automatically Changes
for DST like Windows 95 does etc. and she didn't care to change her
System Clock herself, and we all know she doesn't give a Crap about
changing her Time Zone even though being asked Multitudes of Time -
Geesh!!!

Now that I've shown it so Clearly and Completely, What's The Big Deal
with just having the Time Zone and System Clock set correctly.  I've
checked and seen a lot of people have their System Clocks set wrong and
that happens for various reasons, but once someone knows why wouldn't
they change it unless they didn't know how to, and if so, then they
could just ask? - So I don't get What The Big Deal Is.  If someone had
pointed out something like that to me like certain things were when I
was new to the Net many years ago I would have been Thankful and I was;
not Annoyed and telling them how it was "All Nonsense".

Since we're all on the Net - except the Juno People - we can just use a
Program like D4 - Dimension 4 - and it keeps your System Clock set to
Perfect Time using any of the Atomic Clock Time Servers you want from
around the World, so you never have to worry or think about your System
Clock Time again - if you don't want to.  I, myself, use wwvb.isi.edu a
SNTP Time Server at USC Information Sciences Institute in Marina del
Rey, California because it's really Local to me and you can find one
near you too if you'd like or have fun using anyone you want from Around
the World.

Using the wrong Time Zone is like using No Subject or changing a Reply
Subject to where it doesn't follow the Original Post and so throws the
Thread way off and makes it hard to follow - Which is of course not
within the Guidelines of this List!!! - So as you can see I'm not asking
a lot and it's good to have your System Time Zone and Clock set
correctly so that everything on your System and Connections and
Interactions with the Net work Smoothly and Correctly.

Also you said: "all of this nonsense which is by the way completely off
topic".  Well it's not since it had to do with being able to use the
List correctly and the Archives and be able to do Date and Time Searches
and have them work - Very On Topic!!!

And if you have a problem with what you call "Off Topic" Posts well why
don't you have a Word with Pet and her last Reply like I showed the
Header for before:
-----
  Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 06:46:35 +0000
  From: PE <[log in to unmask]>

   On Thursday April 23 at 6.5 ET there was no disturbance in the Force.
Something to meditate on...                Pet
-----
That doesn't sound to "On Topic" to me!!! - Does it to you?

I don't want to be a Moderator and I'm not but I would be a good because
I would allow Everything that Everyone wanted and the only thing I
wouldn't allow here is SPAM and Crap like that.

I do follow the "Spirit Of This List" and so does Everyone here I see
when it come to the Posts but a few don't follow the Spirit when it
comes to how their System Settings affect the Quality of the Posts for
Viewing and Searching.  I've read your Posts and have always enjoyed
them and thought that you were Intelligent and your Posts were Thorough,
Intelligent, Witty, and Funny.  I've never had a problem with you and if
you get all Bend Out Of Shape by just having someone show that a few
People have their System Settings wrong and some might want to change
their Name from All Caps and just a copy of their E-Mail Address and use
their Real Name instead like the Guidelines say then you have a Problem.
Just take a look at what it said in the Guidelines:
-----
SUBSCRIPTION:
in the body of the e-mail the following text:

               SUB RAW-FOOD your-first-name your-last-name
-----
Pretty Self-Explanatory, huh?  They also say something I found really
interesting that I just noticed:
-----
LIST GUIDELINES:
----------------
2. If you are personally criticized, upset with the operation of the
LISTSERV, or have recommendations for improvement, do not hesitate to
bring it to the attention of the moderator or listowner, either on
the list or in private.
-----
Well it looks like I Naturally and Intuitively was following this
because that's all I've ever done and unbeknownst to most pointed out a
few things that were corrected when I first got on the List - It Was No
Biggie!!!  So I don't know why you have such a F'ing Problem with Me,
You, and Everyone Else just Following the Guidelines - So Chill!!!
Please do point out though if I have not followed the Guidelines in
anyway or how me pointing out some Basic Problems with People's Systems
and Names were Out of Line and Offended you So Greatly.

A Couple more Guidelines were:
-----
6. Off topic threads are ok if kept within reason.

7. "Flames" of any kind should be avoided. In a nutshell, the basic
requirement is that posts be polite, considerate and
non-confrontational.
-----
Well I think I follow these for the most part but I certainly did
Express Myself and Definitely was as Polite as I felt I could be with
the way I was Replied to by you.

So you can take Comments like:

> Also I propose that Gregg changes his email name to "Mr. Sheriff"
> or "Mr. Email-Sheriff" or even "MR. EMAIL-SHERIFF" and sets his time
> zone to -7135 hours which is approximately the amount he is behind
> the spirit of this list.  =:O :-\

and figure out an Appropriate Place for them in one of your Bodily
Orifices - Geesh!!! - That was harsh but I sure felt like that for the
Moment I was writing and instead of lying and hiding my Feelings I
wanted you to know how I felt.  I just find it so strange how some
People react to Very Basic and Simple things being pointed out to them
that in No Way Are Harmful or Damaging To Them in Any Way and yet some
Freak Out and/or just Ignore Them like nothing happened and yet they
know Full Well what's going on.  How about we just Call a Truce and come
to a Simple Understanding that this is a place for Us All to Learn and
Grow and Share Our Experiences, and Let's Do Just That.  There is really
is no need for Hard Feelings for something So Simple and just me
following the Guidelines.

Anyway, let's start Fresh and I look Forward to us getting along in the
Future and Look Forward to your Reply to this Post to see where you
Stand with Everything.

 - Take Care!!!

 - Gregg!!!