RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denis PEYRAT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 23:11:36 +0200 (MET DST)
At 19:27 26/04/1997 +0200, you wrote:
>Pat,

>> Look at the breads on grocery shelves now and read the ingredients--99% say
>> wheat--not whole wheat. The nutrients are literally taken from the mouths of

Karl
>we instinctos assume that heated whole cereals
>are probably worse than extracted (is this the
>right word?) cereals flours.

As a matter of fact, Dr Paul Carton a french physician who headed a
sanatorium near Paris  beween 1905 and 1925, was the first naturopath to
question the use of whole wheat and whole wheat bread, on the basis of the
results of empirical studies on his patients. He had noticed that many
people with or without  gastric problem were much worse off with  whole
wheat flour preparations than with processed wheat (that was decades before
the recognition of widespread gluten intolerance by medical authorities
)This free minded spirit had the courage of attacking one of  the unshakable
dogma of all alternative diet  movement since the invention of white flour.
I heard Burger pay a tribute to his memory on this precise topic. [ his
quotations of name are  so rare that  they should be taken at face value...]
Carton is unknown in the States, but I've heard his name is still revered in
some "old school"  naturopathic societies in South America  ( Argentina and
Uruguay) and naturally in France.

Cheers
Denis