RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 10:51:36 +0000
Tom:
>cloth, or commercial sprouter, for about 1 day.  Removing the inner hulls
is very important, as if left in, they will spoil and ruin your batch of sprouts.

I simply put the seed on a plate and add an amount of water, that rinses all
of them. The outer hull of the sunflower seed must be removed for this.

I don't care for the inner hull. I daily add water, so that the seed keeps
wet. That's all. I didn't watch them perish so far.

I'm much too lazy to remove the inner hulls - what a terrible work. And in
nature they wouldn't be removed either.
If anybody could give me a hint, what the inner hull is for, i.e. what
biological/evolutional function it fulfills I would be glad to here this.
It   m u s t   have a function.

I wouldn't recommend using commercially bought soil since it is most likely
subject of sterilization/heat treatment. Do you want your seed to grow in
cooked soil? I'd recommend going to the next forest and getting one bucket
of soil from there.

Best instinctive greetings,

Stefan