RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 16:56:51 +0000
Hi Jean-Louis,

you wrote:
>I tried cassia, but I got a stop after 3 disks...

I couldn't eat much more when I started with Cassia. And 5 disks sent me
to the toilet within 10 minutes. :-) But don't give up! It's really a
useful plant, more like a medicine than a fruit. Just try it if you no-
tice detox symptoms (mucus, icky skin, running nose, headaches,...)

Jean-Louis:
>I didn't have any infections (by the way, I have *never* had any
>infections in my life, even on cooked food+dairy, despite injuring
>myself many times). The

You are too healthy. That has advantages but also disadvantages: if
you do something wrong you mostly don't notice it. I think, that all
hell would break loose if I'd eat one pound of cheese.
Really - you never ever had a cold or a flu or did you mean just skin
infections in wounds?

Thanks for the explanation of your dairy consumption. Personally I
don't feel attracted to dairy. It offends my nose mostly and there's not
much I had to give up when I changed to raw nutrition: just my fresh
(pasteurized of course) milk and here and there some yoghurt and cheese.
But to be exact I never stuck on my nutrition and gave up everything
if only I had found good arguments against it.
I find eating is an obsolete task. If I could manage to become a
breatharian I certainly would do it.

Jean-Louis:
>I also read that E. Coli is harmless, but are you sure it is "needed"?

I was until Sylvia's post.
So it seems to be necessary to divide into "good bacteria" and "bad
bacteria" again even within one type. Crazy game.
I guess, that the bad guys are those, which have been watched to cause
problems while the good ones are those, which have been noted to be
present but without problems. If this indeed is the criterion then this
game can be continued forever. Just classify formerly "good" bacteria
as bad when they suddenly started to cause problems.
If my memory serves me right, I remember, that exactly this is played
by scientists. On the science-page of my newspaper I read several ar-
ticles about microbe X which until now has been thought to be needed
in the intestines but now has been found out to be harmful, at least in
people with problem Y.

Jean-Louis:
>Side note: as far as vaccinations are concerned, I am ready to accept the
>risk, i.e. no be vaccinated against TB, given the very low risk of getting
>infected.

The risk may be higher than you think. I hear, that in big cities (like
mine) TB is again spreading (sp?). The difference to former occurrences is,
that our fantastic antibiotics don't work any longer, because the microbes
have become resistant to them.
Sounds nice, eh? =:O

One might think over the question, if a new kind of "antibiotically se-
lected" microbe even would have killed paleolithic people...

Less infectious wishes,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]