RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 08:58:58 -0700
I have heard of people using ordinary lawn grass in poultices, in place
of wheatgrass. However, I don't have any comparative nutritional
analysis for wheatgrass or other grasses.

Ann Wigmore praised wheatgrass for its high nutritional content, BUT:
I have looked high and low in her writings for an actual nutritional
analysis of wheatgrass, and did not find one. Strange situation, this...

By digging through the agriculture journals, you can find proximate
composition data (and some very specialized but narrow analyses) of
various grasses. [Such information is of interest to agricultural
scientists and ranchers.]

If anyone has an actual nutritional analysis for wheatgrass (whole
or in liquid juice form - not the freeze dried), please post the
citation. Many people here will likely be interested!

P.S. by nutritional analysis, I mean something similar to that found in
the USDA "Composition of Foods" handbooks.

Regards,
Tom Billings