RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 09:19:15 +0000
My parents nailed me with a long and brutal name when Mom gave birth
to me back on January 13, 1948, but since the age of 18 I've managed
to whittle all those long words down to Chet Day. So call me Chet.

I binged and gorged and did the sixties thing, though not with as
much devotion as some and probably with more devotion than others and
came out of all of that at age thirty when I stopped all bad habits
except for swearing and smoking cigarettes. The tobacco went for good
in the late 1980's when I visited a remarkable Korean acupuncturist.
I still swear on occasion.

I started turning my aching, tired body around in 1992 when I
discovered books by Norman Walker, Paul Bragg, and Harvey and Marilyn
Diamond. In May of 1993, I started editing and publishing Health &
Beyond,  a monthly newsletter devoted to raw foods and natural
methods of improving health. I continue to mail this 8-page sheet
to subscribers the first week of every month.

I heard about the veg-raw list many moons ago but stayed away from it
because of my ridiculously busy schedule. But I keep hearing good
things about the list, so this Sunday morning I decided to find
time somehow and to try to at least post something once in a while
that may be of amusement or value to others. Mainly, though, I'm here
to read and to learn.

At the moment, I'm quite preoccupied with the death of T.C. Fry. I'm
putting together a special memorial issue of my newsletter, and if
any of you have information about his life and/or death that you'd
like to share, please send it to [log in to unmask] so I can try
to piece together what's turning into a fascinating puzzle.

Chet Day

http://members.gnn.com/chetday/open.htm