RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:40:13 -0800
 But,
> > please, do not agress Burger or myself about that!
>
> Burger needs agressing. Indeed, the instinctos like yourself and your
> friends are doing honesty and integrity a great disservice in your hands
off
> attitude about criticizing him. It makes you all look like you sympathize
> with him and his behaviors.

Too bad that you don't understand french because there is a lot of agressing
toward Burger going on there on the instincto list and i don't talk about
agression from deceived ex instincto  nor about  the recuperation by the
french press
I don't think anybody needs agressing anyway , maybe kirt have a need to
agress , in that case it is an other story and i am curious to hear what
need of him have not been met to want to meet them thru agression of others.

Agression doesn't serve  honesty or integrity. Real honesty require that
observations stay observations , that feelings triggered by those
observations are expressed while being related ,  linked , connected to the
unmeet needs that caused them .
from that place of honesty one can request from others concrete help to meet
those needs, and this lead to integrity of behaviors ,thinking and feelings
.

> > K : Further, it may be that cooking helped pre-humans avoid other
> >> diseases associated with fecal and other contamination of decomposing
> > animal
> >> foods. Who knows?
> > F : You are wildly conjuncturing.
>
> Wildly conjecturing? Not really. There must be an overall positive
trade-off
> toward cooking or it wouldn't be so prevelant.

what other trade off ,did you find out after experimenting with cooked meats
and vegetables again ? what advantages can you foresee in cooked meats
versus raw .?

> But still you defend Burger.

FRancois like many other peoples practicing instinctive nutrition might
defend his theoretical model concerning nutrition , not the person.
.

> > K : And why would trich be
> >> dangerous to an instinctive eater? Is it dangerous to wild animals?
> > F : I  suppose it is and that they get it after foraging human garbage.
>
> Why don't the mongooses die from trich?

May be because the species mongoose never tried to repress symptons of
viral,  bacterial or parasites enconters and mutual balancing ,  with
antibiotics  vaccinations and denatured foods on a daily basis,  may be
because the mongoose species still play the game of evolution while humans
removed themselves from the confrontation with the natural regulations.
put somebody who sat in his armchair for years  in a marathon race , he
might died from it abruptly , leave him in his armchair he might died later
on from a degenerative disease.
we might have been gaining some life expectancy from antibiotics and
vaccinations and exagerated manipulation of foods but at the price of
getting degenerative diseases ( kind of diseases that wild species don't
know that much )
i ,my self,  who suffer from a degenerative  autoimmune disease , will
prefer to get some acutes symptoms sometimes  from the confrontation with
germs or parasites than adding to the family record ( 8 of my direct family
have hypothyroidy). Anyway if not for myself i might  prefer to not
perpetuate the degeneration of human species .I choose to eat instinctivelly
not to miraculousely heal and be exempt of the outcomes of past
istakes,( so can't be disapointed )  but to try something else that what i
know is a no-exit.
> How can you be so sure? Because the theory says so? I thought it was all
one
> big experiment. But you can't dismiss information if it runs counter to
the
> predictions of the theory. That's just cheating.

the theory from my understanding of it  doesn't predict immunity The title
of bruno is "Maximise immunity"for ex .

> > K : Then you are saying that large scale cooking is only 10,000 years
old,
> > no?
> > F : Yes, doesn'it sound logical, since before there was no pottery? Some
> > food could be grilled but it remains a mystery whether it was a current
> > practice or not. It could have been in some locations and not in some
> > others.
>
> The logic fails. There are many cooking methids that don't require
pottery.

10000 years ago because of the switch to grain diet required cooking when
before meats din't have to be cooked for being edible . Many Native tribes
of the americas wre still eating raw meats when the first white peoples came
over . One tribe in the argentina aera ( i think i remember ) have been even
noticed as eating only raw meats .when they have been asked why ,they
answered e <we kill the meat once no need to kill it twice .>

. Maybe I should go back to instincto and you can start
> some cooking and then we'll have further notes to compare, eh? ;)

i will be interested to see a counter experiment from Kirt after so many
years of mixed cooked raw paleo . what does you have to loose.? you know
better now and will not go head first in the fresh coconut ,  fruit craze.

jean-claude