RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:17:29 -0400
Ellie writes:
> According to D.F. Horrobin (in a recent Medical Hypotheses article,1998,
> 50; 269-288)about the fatty acids AA, DHA, DGLA and EPA..."there are
> only four practical sources of these EFAs: eggs (yolks), meat
> (especially organ meat), algae of marine or alkaline lake origin, and
> water-based animals, fish, crustacea or molluscs higher up in the food
> chain which directly or indirectly consume the algae."

I recall one of the more prominent Cell Tech "Super Blue Green Algae"
MLM distributors claiming that a competitors product, Klamuth Lake
Blue Green Algae contained crustacea, and was not a vegetarian product,
as KL's "filters" were not discriminating enough when harvesting the
algae from the lake. Of course, the other brand was widely available
in health food stores for a fraction of the cost of Cell Tech's products.

I wonder what kind of crustacea filters Cell Tech uses, or what other
forms of life could be hidden in that algae ?

Regards,

David