RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 14:46:26 -0500
I really have to thank Peter and David for moving raw-food to a mailing
list platform that supports the excellent archive and search
capability that we enjoy now - much better than looking for a needle
in a haystack of  30+k digests with just a date on them to go by.
The amount of effort to convert the older archives to this format
had to have been a Herculician effort, and I am most indebted.

But I am curious if anyone has gotten stuff like the following:

Subject: Ad: You Are Suffering From Malnourishment!!

REALLY!  After all the vitamins and eating all those foods
considered good for us, we still are not receiving all nutrients
our bodies need for the production of good health and energy.

Ever notice how vine & tree ripened fruits and vegetables taste so
much better than you can get out of the store?

Green-picked fruits and vegetables are never able to produce those
natural chemicals your body has to have to combat the many diseases
plagueing America today!!

GOOD NEWS !

There is a whole line of natural products that show so much promise
of helping people, that they have been patented !

We can not legally tell you that there is a " cure " for cancer...
However, people have been reporting total remissions while taking
our line of products !

If you, a friend or relative has a real concern about remaining
healthy today and in the future...You need the whole story and
a source for these products.

This is a known spam hause, so I doubt it will do any good to
complain, but what the heck, I'll send my regards to Phil
Swain anyway.

The curious part is that these spammers didn't attempt to foil
things more by Bcc'ing me, so I see the following in the headers:

by icarus.eng.mindspring.net (8.8.7/8.8.7) with SMTP id NAA25513
for <[log in to unmask]>; Mon, 2 Mar 1998 13:05:27 -0500 (EST)

Now, I have never posted to Usenet with the [log in to unmask],
or the [log in to unmask] account before. The only
place that I can think of that the spammers could have culled
this address is from either the raw archives list (where I have been
knighted the title of "mailing-list terrorist" for confronting the NFL
lately), or the raw-food archives.

I can deal with spam, and certainly think that it is a small price
to pay to have access to such a resource as the raw-food archives,
they have been a god-send for confronting the NFL with hard evidence
of their zealotry and misrepresentation. I was just curious if anyone
else who have been posting to raw-food has been receiving these
nutritional oriented "gems" in their mail, just to confirm my
suspicions that the spammers are culling mailing list archives
on the www page for new "prospects" for their bulk add campaigns.

Curious,

David