RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 22:29:47 GMT
I feel that I must provide my 2c, not picking on anyone ( and I'm a
meat-eater ).

>Paul:
>I'm very much an adherent of Weston Price style nutrition, and that for
>most, maybe almost all, people including substantial animal-source foods
>probably is best.

I think you are probably right, but which meats suit who is the
question.

>I never said that meat is 'toxic'; in fact due to the high-quality
>proteins and other nutrients and coenzymes not found in plant foods,
>animal-source foods in moderate amounts may be essential for optimal
>function of the human detoxification system. But the reports of
>instinctos eating lots of meat and developing cancers is something to
>think about too.

Meat can be toxic in at least four ways:
1       Lectins in it could be reactive to certain blood types:
        eg beef is good for O, bad for A,AB and 'neutral' for B.
        (incidentally, the only meats suitable for A's are suggested
        as chicken, turkey and cornish hens).

2       it can be associated with parasites.

3       Certain ways of cooking (yikes!) can generate cancer-producing
        chemicals in the meat (eg grilling, cooking on fire).
According
        to the source (I forget who) you can burn meat in a frying pan
        and not produce those chemicals (though what do you produce?)

4       It tends to concentrate toxins (as do large fish) from the
        environment and applied by humans.

Lynton