RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 15:08:28 -0500
Peter, I think you're hunting up the wrong tree.  The whole paradigm of
talking about vitamins and minerals etc. is a head trip, though a very
reassuring and well founded head trip.  When I stopped thinking about food
and started smelling and tasting food and feeling my own body I began
feeling better, eating better, and making decisions about life that felt
more bodily-based and fulfilling.  Deer and Dolphins don't think about
vitamins and minerals, so why should I/we?

The key word in the subject of this post is magic.  There is magic in food,
in meat, in life.  It cannot be fragmented and understood via the mind and
such simplistic maps as vitamin B.  If we needed "vitamin B" there'd be a
vitamin B plant or animal for us to eat.  I propose that what we need is
the relationship, the communication, the experience, the surrender, and the
desire that occurs in instinctive eating and living.  I relate with my food
(yes, still at times neurotically or from my cerebral cortex); I don't want
to analyze it.  Thinking vitamin B is what we get from food is like
thinking milk is what we get from nursing.  Milk is a significant part of
it, but it is the whole bio-chemical, surrendered, tantric communication
between mother, tribe, world, and infant that is feeding the baby, not
merely the substantive milk.

This is the story that I "buy," not the scientific materialism answer.

One foot out of the grave,

Zephyr