RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:58:24 -0400
Judy:

>It is very easy for me to be creative.  I know that it is not for others.
>It is easier for some people to make money than for others.  Some people,
>like you and Fred, have skills and interests in the kinds of activities that
>lead to making money without struggle.  Being an artist is not so easy in
>our world.

I agree. Some qualities in our society are more rewarded than others. The
wealthiests are not necessarily the most creative, but those who are able
to adapt to the current trends of the public and create a highly-advertised
product. For instance, maybe "Jurrasic Park" or "Terminator 2" are
interesting, but do they really deserve all those million bucks??
I could also criticize the american TV that I am discovering (but
Europeans do not lag far behind).

>In 1984, I formed a new wave rock band that I named Communism.

I didn't imagine such things could exist :-)

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis

P.S.  A few off-subject remarks about funny things I noticed in the U.S.:

1) On the "Jenny Jones" late TV show, we regularly see noisy brawls
between a teenage girl and her mother who has slept with her ex-boyfriend
(and the latter sitting in the middle), or a teen wishing her mother's
death while the latter is sitting next and crying, etc... But whenever
someone dares utter some objectionable language, a "beep" covers the
indecent word.

2) In some advertisements, they non only insist on the fact that their
product is tough on grease, but also kills *bacteria*; I saw in a food
store a bottle of fruit juice where they insist on the fact that their
product is "safe" because... *pasteurized*; and sometimes, I see warnings
like "wash your hands carefully after touching raw meat".

3) Others (but I stop the digression here).