RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 12:14:18 -0700

At 11:32 PM 7/10/97 +0000, Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm curious to know what you do for a living.  I could never afford $400 a
>month for supplements.

In another post I've indicated that, in evolutionary
terms, human consciousness is in its infancy.  We're
only beginning to learn how to use our minds more
effectively.

Some of our thinking tends to be automatic, without
reflection on its implications and consequences.

"I could never afford $400 a month for supplements"
sounds like a self-defeating, self-fulfilling prophecy.
Seeing how difficult it is to predict much of the future,
how can you make such a prediction?  Particularly for
all eternity with your "never?"

You could just as well predict, "Within a year I'll
be able to easily afford to spend $1,000 a month on
supplements -- or whatever else I fancy."

We can make a distinction between "wealth-consciousness"
and "poverty-consciousness."  We can use our minds to
make ourselves poor or wealthy.  It's a choice.  With
your, "I could never afford $400 a month for supplements,"
it looks like you're choosing to be poor for *ever*.

Many people think in terms of, "I've got to do something
to do a living" -- become a doctor, lawyer, secretary,
nurse, politician, whatever.  "I've got to work to make
money."  Up to a point, that's useful.  It can also become
a trap -- condemning you to work for 30, 50, or more years
to make money.

Practically anyone can make the transition from "working
for money" to organizing their affairs so "money works
for them."  One of the wonders of capitalism is that you
can make money work for you instead of you working for
money.  (I know this is much easier said than done!)

You may be interested in checking out the "Millionaire
Reports" at http://www.buildfreedom.com.

Here's wishing you the choice of wealth!

Frederick Mann

PS. For most of my professional career I worked as a
computer consultant -- systems analyst and/or programmer.