RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 15:09:52 +0000
Hi Kirt,

you wrote:
>supports a 1000 year life span? You cast yourself in a light of missing
>wavelengths ;) by repeating one of Guy-Claude's more absurd notions:
>human life span based on Methusalem tales.

Really, Burger claiming this? I read it in Wandmaker's book. Counting
years is something even primitive people should be able to do. Also
their memory was better in those times because they had no books and
hard disks to store information. ;-)

Kirt:
>Actually I can detect north very easily. I use an 80 cent compass. And
>I can even detect True north because magnetic north is not exactly
> right and THAT puts me ahead of any other animal I know of as regards
>direction ;) On

Those smileys really help me. Of course you are missing the point. :-)
You will lose so much time staring on your compass that any other ani-
mal is ahead of you! ;-)
And the difference between the magnetic and geographic pole becomes im-
portant only if you are very near to them. Now tell me - is there any-
thing to eat around there? :-)

Kirt:
>Seriously, I have lost my ability to breathe with gills but that hardly
>makes me suspect. Again, what question were you answering here?

Of course it makes you suspect. ;-) Really, you can't breathe with
gills???
I was just thinking about humans being inferior to animals regarding
detection of the direction. It would have given them a serious disad-
vantage in evolution. This reads like nonsense to me.

Kirt:
>And longtime instinctos have died of malaria and cancer, had trich and
>staph infections which would not self-limit, and become/remain metally
>unbalanced. My conclusion: "excellent health" on an instincto diet is

But how rare compared to the incidence of these illnesses amongst the
cooked population! And it it suffices to eat olive leaves to cure mala-
ria I wonder what would have cured Zephyr's trichinosis. I'm just spe-
culating here of course. Our civilisation seems to have lost the know-
ledge of herbs eaten in their natural state. Instead we invest enormous
sums into investigation of pharmaceutical substances which at the end
probably turn out to have been contained in herbs since the beginning
of time.

Kirt:
>On the brighter side, they will, of course, be able to have open heart
>surgery without an anesthetic!

Just having surgery of a cut toe without anaestethics would suffice for
my purposes. ;-)

Best instinctive regards,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]