RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:45:55 +0200
Hello Jean-Louis,

> 4) Some people find fruits more digestible when eaten with their skin
> (or at least a part of it). I wonder which nutrients the skin brings:
> fibres? Vitamins? Or maybe the instinctive stop comes
> sooner.

Most of the defense systems of the fruit are in its skin. And a lot of
micro-organisms live on it. So the body gets a lot of new 'information'
when one eats the skin of a fruit. And the instinctive stop comes sooner.

I, too, decide if I want to eat the skin depending on my instinct. If
the skin smells and tastes well, I will eat it.

- Karl

BTW: This is my first post in this list. Stefan Joest recommended it to
me. It looks very interesting!