RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:35:52 EDT
Tamaye,

<< Raw fish and eggs, not to mention raw
 meats, have astronomical amounts of harmful bacteria, enough to frighten
 anyone to death. >>

Since I've been eating raw fish, eggs, and meats, I've been getting healthier.
In place of tofu, perhaps try making raw hummus from sprouted chick peas, with
raw tahini, lemon juice, and garlic, blended with a food processor.  Can't eat
too much, though, doesn't digest as well as the raw fish, eggs, etc., at least
so far in my experience.  I found even soaked nuts were too hard to digest in
any quantity that could be tissue sustaining, but again, I am a unique
individual, so perhaps it would work for you.  Good luck!

Aaron