RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:58:41 +0000
Hi Jean-Louis,

you dig out funny things. It happened quite suddenly that you began to
quote heaps of references in your posts. There must be a new source
which you now have access to. Which is it? Did you discover a new li-
brary? :-)

My radical opinion on hot spices:
Chili, garlic, onions, mustard etc. are all for severely   s i c k
people. When I was on the top of my heavy metal intoxification I
craved garlic. The burning was   s o   good, the taste excellent and
I could eat huge amounts. I also could eat big parts of chili whereas no
other instincto whom I know was able to eat only a tiny piece.
All of this went away when I overcame that intoxification. The burning
of chili is nasty now, garlic has lost most of its attraction and
onions almost immediately give me an unbreakable stop.

The fact, that elder mexican children started to add hot sauces on their
dish is IMHO just caused by the fact that they have eaten a bad diet for
a longer time, thus being more toxic than the younger ones who did not
need the spices.

It's true that hot spices cause salivation (even of tears ;-)) and
speed up the digestion. So they truly help in detoxing. But in my very
humble (but radical) opinion they are only needed in severe cases.

Best instinctively spiced regards,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]