RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:59:11 -0400 (EDT)
At 08:45 PM 4/23/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>Pat said:
>>Don't forget your TVP,dried fruit and nuts!!

Peter replied:
>I would  leave out the TVP as it contains MSG and add some dehydrated
>RAF instead.  According to Russell L. Blaylock, M.D. author of
>"Excitotoxins - The Taste That Kills" MSG along with aspartame and
>other food additives are what he calls exictotoxins killing off neurons
>in the brain causing neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and
>Lou Gerig's disease.

Peter, I buy TVP from The Whole Earth Catalogue of Lumen Foods.I found this
source in a vegetarian magazine. CSPI (Center for Science in the Public
Interest, cited in senate hearings as experts) have applauded TVP as a
healthy alternative to meat.On page four of the Lumen booklet, they state
that their products contain no MSG.  If you see a back-up advantage to this
for the hiker-camper-shopper, the catalogue can be had at 1-800-256-2253.

I have made my viewpoint that some animal protein is necessary to highest
human health clear, I think(each in his own moccasins)--but I would venture
to say that our shaggy coated forbears would have experienced many times
when they would have clonked you in the head for a cupfull of prepared TVP,
and not ruined their brain tissue because of it! (lazy, like me  :)
Pat