RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 05:34:56 -0500
>Instinctive raw nutrition experiments have shown that raw meat of animal
>with no acess to processed food
>and cereals fields not only may taste very good, but is also perfectly
>digested and causes no troubles at all, unlike animal milk and wheat.

1. raw meat does not taste like much of anything at all.
(perhaps the mouth sensation, or feeling of fullness is pleasurable)

2. this assumption of meat being "perfectly digested", I find not to be
true,
and certainly not supported by any literature that I'm aware of.
The usual quotes about 98% digestibility of meat, as compared to 80%
digestibility
of veggies, or fruit, are absurd, since the difference can be explained by
the indigestible fiber.

3. "Causes no troubles at all", is a generalization, which is not true
in my case.  My occasional forays into raf (fish), have shown me that
it is not "perfectly digested", and in addition may cause muscular tension
for various reasons.

That said, I think the continuing arguments here about raf are pointless.

If you want it, eat it.
But let's not kid ourselves about "digestibility".  I "digested" just about
everything when I was a mixed, cooked
food eater.

Gary