RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 16:24:54 +0200
Dave wrote:
>I have been involved with the raw food (almost all vegan) people in Los Angeles
>since 1986. Some have not stayed all raw but seem to be doing well. Of those
>that have stayed vegan, IMO they are not as healthy looking as they think they
>are.

This is also my observation. There seem to be two extremes: emaciated
and very obese vegans. None of them can tolerate other people and their
nutrition.

>I am now recommending adding animal products to any that will listen. Some
>I don't even bother other than to say how much better I feel with animal foods
>than before. I have lost a number of friends because of my diet change. I have
>become the "eneny".

Well for some folks in a local raw vegan group I am also the "enemy". <g>
The don't want to hear that animal foods have healing properties and
are useful. They reduce the whole issue to a question of ethics and stop
further thinking at this point.
I think it is not ethically correct to be an emaciated always uncontent
person and therefore difficult to bear for others.

Regards,

Stefan

BTW: I've changed my e-mail-address by unsubscribing and subscribing.