RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 07 May 1997 08:25:49 +0200
> Did you read Jane Goodall's book?

Yes.

> So, I don't think that 1 meal/week with "artificial" bananas can
> "cause" polio or weaken the immune system so much...

I suppose that it is possible. It depends on how the bananas
were grown. Often, especially in Africa, dung from men and
animals is used in the garden. A friend of mine once ordered
some fruits and vegetables from acquaintance in Africa. All
of it had a fecal taste and smell. She had to throw all of it
away. And it is known that some diseases are spread by the
dung of animals. Another friend of mine got worms -- probably
because she has a garden that was formerly fertilized with
cowpats and/or other animal dung.

> BTW, Flo, an elderly female chimp in Gombe, had almost completely worn
> out teeth... and that was before the guilty bananas, with 100%
> instinctive nutrition.

Yes, I read about that, too. But Flo was really old, then.
And the life out there is totally rough.

Karl