RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 08:58:20 +0200
Kirt,

> A pitahaya is the fruit of a cactus,...

Yes, and for me it is the prettiest fruit that I know. It has a very
nice color, redish, sometimes with tendency into violet. And the stripes
that hang from the sides look like the decoration of a chinese kite.
The inside is either brilliant wide or violet flesh with many tiny,
poppy-like, black seeds distributed within.

It tastes and feels like a sweet sorbet without any special flavor.
First I didn't find much aroma in it, but now I love it quite often.
I even smell it, although the fragrance of the fruits that I know is
not very strong.

The fruit is about as large as a grapefruit (300-500g) and somewhat
oval, with a flat end on one side, like other cactus fruits.

> And I was on the toilet an hour later--whoosh ;)
I never had this effect :-)

-Karl