RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 09:16:09 -0700
Tom:

Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>:
>IMO, grain contains more protein. As for the starch part, I don't find
>unsprouted grains very tasty (which may indicate that they are not
>very digestible), and sprouted grains contain less starch.

Tom:
One minor point on grains and protein. Nuts and certain seeds, are also
original foods, and contain significant amounts of protein. So perhaps I
should have compared grain to something "between" (in composition) nuts
and starchy tubers. I agree with you that raw, unsprouted grains are not
very enjoyable.

Thanks very much for your interesting comments!

Regards,
Tom Billings