RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 04 May 1997 14:48:21 +0200
First I want to say that Instincto is the
best theory I encountered during the last
10 years. It is still changing my life
and I am feeling good with it. And I see
lots of opportunities for further deve-
lopment.
I am applying Instincto to my food, my
business and my life. It is beneficial to
all of them.
One point that many people overlook is
that with Instincto one can't lie to one-
self. Only whole-hearted sincereness helps
on this way. And eating (or living) In-
stincto means a lot of breaks and some-
times conflicts with the established order
of things. I am the last person who would
seek such conflicts, but sometimes it is
necessary for progress. And these conflicts
(for example with my parents) can be re-
solved over time, nowadays they accept my
novel eating habits and even support me
with fresh apples or raspberries.

This said I want to comment on some points
in previous letters:

JL:
>2) Some wild fruits contain a high amount
>of sugar too, but under natural conditions
>we couldn't find so many, all year long.
>I suspect that they would lead to overeating
>too. Two days ago, I purchased some Zahidi...

I don't think so, at least not in the long
run. We (Marianne and I) are constantly ex-
posed to lots of fruit and other food. We
both don't tend to overeat any specific fruit
or other stuff.
But all of us Instinctos noticed the large
or huge amounts of specific food that is eaten
by beginning Instinctos, including ourselves.
One woman from Montrame gave a satisfying
explanation to me:
All ex-cooked eaters have a lot of deficiencies.
One the body has reached a state of detoxi-
fication that allows it to 'tank up' the
missing substances, it will do so.
I experiences this with dates, olives, Durian
almonds and some other stuff, too. Once I ate
a whole glass (500g) of raw olives immediately
after opening the glass. (Anyone who knows
these olives knows that they are very sharp
and most often impossible to eat when they come
fresh out of the glass.) And I ate __lots__ of
almonds, one kilo or more (with shell). This
was my original reason for asking at Montrame.

JL:
>4) About tolerances and addiction: ...
>tolerances to original foods, and meat
>How to handle that problem? What is tolerance?

IMHO tolerance will not appear with wild animals
and perfectly natural food. Not even during
times of scarceness an animal will not over-eat.
It has to follow the lead of its instinct or
it will die very soon. So it will eat exactly
as much from the remaining food as is good for
his body.
Tolerance occurs if I eat habitually to much
of my favorite food, disregarding the hints of
my instinct. One I am in the tolerance, other
similar food becomes unattractive. And I will
probably be addicted to the favorite food.
This tolerance can only be stopped by leaving
out that food for some days or weeks from my
selection.
I more than once was tolerant (and addicted)
to (dried) peanuts. They always tasted well,
were very attractive and I could eat big
amounts .. but they never tasted great and
no saliva began to run, when I smelled them.
And my brain always wanted to eat them.
All these are good signs of tolerance.
I suppose that Zephyr was is in a similar
situation regarding meat.
I suppose that I broke any tolerance and
hence addiction to meat by being a vegetarian
for 3 year and then 1 year frugitarian before
becoming an Instincto.

>So, for all these reasons, the equation
>pleasure = health is not true.

It is true more often than it is not.
The problem with us ex-cooked eaters is
that we are not used to follow our feelings
to their full extent. Addiction and old
habits still force me and others to eat
or do things that aren't fully advantageous.
Your Zahidi dates, for example: Did they
smell great, did saliva started to run
and did you stop when the bouquet faded?
I (still) mostly don't but I know children
who have no problem at all with this.

>Burger's wife dies of cancer in, what, her
>fifties, sixties? He almost dies from
>malaria. At least one woman does dies
>of malaria.

I know many people personally who are in-
volved in these stories and IMHO errors,
exuberance or emotional stress were the
real reasons behind these deaths. Excessive
amounts of meat are the most probable
reason for the cancer. Exuberation and
exhaustion lead to a death from Malaria.

One problem is that most people who start
with raw eating or Instincto are highly
emotional about their new living style and
think that it is the cure for all ailings.
But they tend to overlook the fact that
only consequent and long-term following of
the rules can lead to real successes.

>Grains and nuts
Grains are harder to get than nuts in the
wild. And most common grains are totally
over-breaded, especially wheat.

Nuts are available in huge amounts during
some periods of the year. So once a formerly
cooked person has filled the depots, it will
not need nuts every day.

>>beetle and a grasshoper
1) That food is not instinctive...
2) The instinct does not only...
3) Sometimes, just thinking about a food...

I have heard a little about these therories
of Bruno Chomby. IMHO these theories are
influenced by the thought patterns that
evolve together with the consumption of
cooked food. Because for cooked food you
can say: What I want to eat will taste
great. -- With raw food you can't. I tasted
some of the german grashoppers and they
were never delicious. With raw food I know
how it will taste after I smelled it, but
with insects I can never say. AFAIK some
of them can even be poisonous. How could
I know that without smelling them first?
But I have to say that some of them
tasted good and these big tropical beatles,
butterflies and grashoppers might even
be better.

Finally I want to say that I had gigantic
doubts about Mr. Burgers theories. But
I never found a glitch in them. After ex-
periencing Instincto longer and longer,
many doubts vanished. I am still critical
and learning every day but I don't question
the basic theorie any more. It probably
will be improved over time, but not voided.
I think that is like with Einsteins
'Relativitaetstheorie' or with quantum
effects: Many people will not be able to
grasp or accept it but the young generation
can and will over the time replace the old
believes.

And: Mr. Burger has lots of experience. He
has raised a lot of healthy children which
are now getting childrens themselves.

Karl