RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 11:54:36 -0700
>Peter, thanks a whole lot for all the information on fasting and
>alkaline diets. I would really appreciate any further comments or
>experiences on fasting. Everyone is leaving my house at the end of
>February, so I plan my first fast for that time.

Join hundreds of others down through history in reading Shelton's "Fasting
Can Save Your Life" while fasting. It serves as indispensable cheerleading.
It works like this: an short hour after you have your final meal you start
thinking, ah forget this fasting stuff, but dig deep and go read FCSYL
instead of eating. Then repeat that scenario at seven hour intervals,
wondering all the while why you don't feel like running a marathon on the
fourth day of your fast. Continue the fast until you get bored enough to
scream with your coated tongue, stinky breathe, and tendancy to watch
daytime soap operas. If your "true hunger" actually returns, write your own
book about your fasting experience and publish with a vanity press, but
save FCSYL until the next time you feel the need to fast, which
unfortunately will probably be right after your break-fast... ;))))

Good luck. All that will happen is that you'll learn something about
yourself...and let us know how it goes, even if you give it up early (most
people do).

>Someone mentioned the latest issue of National Geographic and the findings
>that our ancestors ate RAF. In the same article it says that we grew our
>big brains as a result of eating RAF. The researchers said this was nec-
>essary as the other foods could not have met the great energy needs of
>the BB(big brain). Now I have used my BB to decide to be a vegetarian.
>Isn't nature funny?

Hilarious. ;) One of the biggest jokesters around. Nature isn't a
card--hell, its a whole deck!

Your BB ever wonder if your BB is being fed properly w/o RAF?

>BTW my dogs really liked the magazine. They ate
>the whole thing while I napped.

You're pretty funny yourself! But don't blame your dogs--they likely are
starving for ARF, ah...I mean RAF...

BTW, I've decided to donate my body to your pig when I die. :/ :") :)

Cheers,
Kirt