RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 15:44:43 -0500 (CDT)
>The body mass of an adult is 15..20 times higher than that of a
>newborn child.

Good point.

>Hm. If we'd experiment with mercury poisoning we surely would find
>different reactions of different cultures to it. Does this prove we
>are adapted to eat mercury?

It is not that simple. Those cultures that have been exposed to dairy
the shortest period of time tend to eat it heated/highly processed
while those who have eaten it the longest tend to eat it raw and/or
cultured. Anyhow, I am very pragmatic. If you can show me any healthy &
long-lived cultures eating raw mercury, I am off to buy myself a box of
thermometers.;-)

>Have you tried it? Was your digestion well? Did you feel good?

Yes, yes & and yes (especially to the last question :-))

>I think I should ask a lactating mother I know, to give me her breast
>for a try. It sounds foolish but it seems this experiment must be
>done.

Somebody has got to do this sacrifice for science, eh? ;-)

>Still I can't recognize a reason, why adult humans should drink milk
>while every other animal doesn't do it.

Nobody is saying that raw milk is a human dietary requirement. But if
people nevertheless can thrive and overcome ailments on it, I do not
see what harm it can do in moderation especially for those who do not
want to eat eggs or meat.

>More accuracy is needed.

Not weak, not strong - not good, not terribly bad - somewhere in the
middle range of unattractiveness.

Best, Peer