RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:09:58 -0400 (EDT)
At 09:59 AM 4/29/97 +0200, you wrote:
>> >people with or without  gastric problem were much worse off with  whole
>> >wheat flour preparations than with processed wheat (that was decades before

>> This is very interesting. I am inspired to ask: WHY?? Everything I read

>1. I did experience this personally. The unprocessed
>   cereal diet made me sicker.

To be sure we are on the same wave length: I speak of brown rice as that
grain which, as the primitives do, has been husked by rolling between two
hard surfaces. I don't propose that the husk is valuable. As this would be a
more modern approach I see now the stress this husked rice could cause the
system if we are unable to deal with it.

The problem here, as I see it, is that there doesn't seem to be an immediate
signal from my body of distress.If only delayed effect occurs, it is hard to
prove without showing cause by removal of all food but one, to which there
is no adverse response, and then adding foods one by one---and this is only
good for those showing adverse respose within three days. I think it is
significant that the first food chosen by internists for this testing is rice!

In my life I have known but two people who were intolerant of wheat, except
for those on this list. But it does concern me that possible long term
effects occur. Just what are these effects, I beg to ask?

Pat