RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 08:50:09 -0400
Stefan:

> So I will leave the discussion here. Sorry, but your questions seem
> to have only theoretical meaning. Useless academic discussion then.

It's your right. Maybe other persons on the list would have been interested,
who knows?

And you didn't answer to the question about 50%+ fruit. That's not theoretical
at all. Even if I don't combine food like you, I can decide to eat more
or less fruit in my meals. The decision to have 2 meals/day, and one with
only fruits is not instinctive at all, it is an arbitrary rule which leads
to a certain repartition of carbohydrates/protein/fat (something like
60/20/20), and I don't see any convincing argument in favor of that.

 Jean-Louis:
> >You can have slaves, and treat them pretty well (give them a
> >comfortable house, high-quality food). And still it would be slavery.

> I can't see this here. You are free to go to Montrame to work for Orkos
> and you are free to go for another job.

Well, I will open a factory where people work 10 hours/day, 6 days/week,
with a low salary, no medical insurance. And people are free to go for
another job... Do you see the flaw?

People at Orkos don't seem free to me. They "need" Orkos food, and the best
way to obtain it is to work at Orkos. Not much freer than the worker in
the factory who has to feed his children.

Best,

Jean-Louis