RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robin Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:04:08 -0500
Hi Loren,

This is very interesting. I ahve a few questions.

Since you're a nutritionist, you'll understand why I ask these.

First of all, what about protein and fats. I know we don't need a lot of
these (definitely much less than the NOrth American diet contains) but we
do need some for muscle building and for the maintenance of equilibrium
within the body. I'm thinking particularly of women who need a certain
amount of fat in their bodies to achieve healthy rereproductive capacity.

Along these lines, are you going to try to tel us that a foetus can develop
quite well if the mother eats a diet of mostly fruit and some veggies?

Also, what about the bowel system? Yes, what you say about cleansing the
body so it can adjust to a light diet makes sense. However, much fruit has
diarrhetic (spelling?) qualities which can wreak havoc with the bodies. I'm
thinking both of the high water content and of the high fibre content.

Well, I'd be interested to hear your answers. Is it possible that only
certain body types are suited to this diet--people either with certain body
types or certain lifestyles?