RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 08:10:44 -0700 (PDT)
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>:
>... And do you know a source of natural bilberry. I'm
>looking to heal my macular degeneration and I can only get the processed
>pill form. Also what natural foods contain glutathione I hear so much
>about on the radio. I don't know what glutathione is. It's supposed to be
>good for the eyes. Thanks,

Tom:
Other than pills, there is an expensive billberry juice, imported from Germany.
It's bottled, so it is cooked. You can get some of the "active ingredients" of
billberry in other foods: blueberries and blood oranges.

The Ayurvedic herb, amalaki (it's the dried amla fruit), is excellent for the
eyes: I take 1 teaspoon at night, with warm water. You can get the herb at
Bazaar of India in Berkeley; they do mail order and their phone number is
510-548-4110. The Ayurvedic herbal blend, triphala churna, contains amalaki
and is also good for the eyes.

Regards,
Tom Billings