RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
fred patenaude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:20:00 PST
Raw meat eater are happy to say that apes eat animal food (only 0.8% for
the orangutan and less than 5% for the chimpanzee). But they forget to
mention that mountain gorillas are total vegans. Here is what Dr.
Shaller says in his book "The year of the gorilla".

(page 180)"I never saw gorillas eat animal matter in the wild- no bird's
eggs, insects, mice, or other creatures- even though they had the
opportunity to do so on occasion. Once a group passed over a dead duiker
without handling the fresh remains, and another time a group nested
beneath an olive pigeon nest without disturbing the single egg."

So we have 3 great apes, one eat bugs (Orangutan), one kills and eat
meat (Chimpanzee), and the other is a total vegetarian (Gorilla). So now
we're trying to fit the human being into the picture. But could it be
possible that these animals are very diffent from each other, and that
we are even more different from them? Could trying to understand human's
dietary by observing what these animal eat be in the end  misleading and
confusing?

Dr. J. Lovewisdom said that monkeys are degenarated species of humans!
There's evolution but what about de-volution? The basic assumption in
the raw-food world is that everything out there in nature is perfect. I
don't believe that. Animals can make mistake, just as we. Dr. Shelton
pointed out that biologist don't understand that species can degenerate.
I'm not sure if he believed in the theory of evolution, though. He
talked a lot about symbiosis, and suggested that carnivores may be
degenarated species, once vegetarians. I don't think that's true, but
who knows the truth anyway?.