RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 01:53:31 -0600
Frank:
>There is a researcher from Australia named Kenneth E. Seaton with
>specialties in Biology, Microbiology, Mammalian Physiology, Immunology and
Virology
>who wrote a book called "Life Health and Longevity" who claims that personal
>hygiene could be one of the biggest factors in promoting health. He quotes
from
>the British Regional Heart study (a prospective study of 7,735 middle-aged
>men followed 9.2 years) publish in "The Lancet", December 16, 1989 p.1435:
>"Men with less than 40 g/L albumin had an all-cause mortality rate six
>times that of men with a serum albumin of 48 g/L or more". He claims that the
>only way to increase the human serum albumin level is by decreasing the
>bckground infection rate. He claims that the largest influence of this
infection
>rate is auto inoculation from fingernails to eyes and nose. He has show that
>by special cleansing techniques of the fingernails, eyes and nose the
>albumin levels can be increased. The book is very technical and worth
reading.

I find this work very intriguing.  From a handout I got from Seaton:
"Every major study throughout the world, clearly identifies that the higher
the level of serum albumin, the lower the mortality and morbidity from all
causes. (Lancet, 1989;2:1434)(Am, Heart J 1992;123:507)(Am J Epid
1991;34:1266)(Heart Lung 1993;22:166)(Lancet 1990,335:348)(New Eng.J Med
1972;286:748). No other factor compares with albumin.  Albumin is the most
abundant, versatile and complex protein in the body fluids, averaging a
total of around 350g.  Sixty percent of the serum proteins are albumin,
with a mean USA level of around 42g/L (4.2g/dl).  Optimal serum albumin
levels for maximum life span are around 52-56g/L."

And:

"Albumin easily answers the waste theory of aging, the free radical theory,
the autoimmune theory, the cross linking theory, the protein synthesis
theory, ionizing theory, and the results achieved with calorie restriction.
 In summery, the multifactorial evidence in aging is all answered by
maintaining albumin levels around 50gL, with an A/G ratio of 2.0.  NOTE:
Aging may halt when albumin reaches 56g/L, A/G ratio ~ 3.0."

Do not ask me how all this can be because I do not know ( NHF is selling a
tape of one of his lectures. Let me know and I will find the order number.)
but Seaton claims that Australia is now second to Japan when it comes to
average lifespan - all this due to the many campaigns he has led over the
years in his home country spreading the word of his special brand of
personal hygiene. His main thesis is simple: Take care of focal infections
by using improved hygiene techniques and albumin levels will rise.  He goes
even further by saying that "maintaining optimal albumin profiles can only
be achieved by advanced hygiene techniques. Attempts to raise albumin by
high protein diets, vitamins, minerals, herbs, supplements and infusion is
the "Ultimate in metabolic misunderstanding"".

Having met the man and noticing that he was about 20 lbs overweight, I can
testify that he certainly is walking his talk by not being on any diet. :-)
I think it is very unlikely that he will live to be an old man considering
the poor shape he is in but I do find his work very compelling - not the
least because a naturopath whom I respect very much is backing up is work.

Frank, thanks for sharing this with us and keep us up-dated on how this
program is working out for you.  Do you happen to know what your albumin
and IGF-1 levels were before you started this regimen?

I expect it will not be too long before I break down and order this program
which consists of a book, special soaps and tools (brushes I think) and
instructions on how to use it all. The price is somewhere in the
neighborhood of $75. If anybody is interested the number for ordering is
1-888-262-5700.

Best, Peter

PS. Frank, when you post to the list there is a problem with the lines in
your messages being broken up.