RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:07:28 -1000
Tina:
>Kristine Nolfi considered menstuation not necessary. She has reported
>on herself and some other women whose menstruation were missing
>on a 100 % raw vegetarian diet. If you want I can look up the literature
>in question for you.

The important point is whether or not these women are actually ovulating
and if so are they capable of reproducing. If not, that is a clear sign
that they are under metabolic stress, not in superb health. Athletes
expending huge amounts of calories, bulimics surviving on very few
calories, and women who are starving have also lost menses.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft