RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:02:08 EDT
Gregg:
<<  it's made from Black Ripe Olives instead of Green Unripe Olives like most
 Olive Oil.  >>

Are you sure about the colors indicating ripeness? I may be wrong - but I
could swear that I remember that 25 years ago, when we lived next door to a
huge olive grove, some of the varieties were green and stayed green even when
ripe. I could be wrong, though. I do remembering trying to pickle them the
same way I pickled cukes and other vegetables, and I couldn't seem to get them
to soften up.

Love Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)