RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 11:53:46 -0900
Liza:
>I've eaten raw crabs, and raw 'oysters-on-the-half-shell' both of the
>above in Boston in fresh sea-food bars or down at the pier, etc.

Crab muscle meat is pretty tame, kinda like chicken breast, but...

I'll bet a buck two eighty you didn't eat the crab _guts_ though. You let
the dead crab sit for a day or two at room temp (or the sunny afternoon in
your car trunk if you wanna "cheat") and smack open the bottom belly part
of the shell to make a nice opening. Here's where conessiours split on
technique. Some prefer to rummage around in the innards trying to keep
things from getting too messed up and tasting the various strings and
slimes and whatchamacallits individually to sample the different flavors,
eating only the stuff with the "right taste". Others prefer to take a fork
and beat (like an egg) the innards into a homogenous soup and eat it with a
spoon, exclaiming, "Oh my, this tastes just like the fish head soup my
granmamma used to make! Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy! Hey hey
hey...hey hey hey!"

Oysters are absolutely _beautiful_ to my eye, like a jewel, and should
never be mentioned as a gross out.

;)

Cheers,
Kirt

PS my "farmer's cheese" tastes like a cross between cream cheese and bleu
cheese. Melisa spit it out, but I kinda dig it. Hope I don't die.

Secola  /\  Nieft