RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:08:41 EDT
Susan,

<<  I am leary of supplements because what are they really made of? And they
 are cooked, no? >>

Well the word "supplements" covers a huge amount of ground. So, to answer your
question, they are made of everything almost - from wholly synthetic
creations, to mixtures of plant or animal products, some cooked, some not.
We'd really have to get specific to answer your question, since there are
vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, co-factors, herbal compounds, glandular
extracts, hormone mixtures,  amino acid and protein concoctions, dried
grasses, algaes, plant parts, animal parts, what-have-you. A trip to your
local health food store would show you what I mean - it is  mind boggling the
numbers of things there are to take as medicines or health aids or whatever
you want to call them, that all fall under the category of "supplements."

As far as cooked or not, that in my mind is not the key issue at all. That
issue is dwarfed in comparison to the other issues related to supplement
usage. But to answer that question - I think the vast majority of supplements
are "cooked" in some form or another, (I mean, would you call a laboratory-
created synthetic substance 'cooked?' or 'raw?'), although there are things
you can buy, such as refrigerated lactobacteria or flax oil, or some of the
dehydrated green products, that are not cooked.

<< Is it suvitaminam is neat to know what foods miaappreciate I would like to

Susan, I have to say that after reading and re-reading this sentence many
times, I am at a total loss. It looks a little like Pakistani (especially that
third word) but its the word _order_  that's throwing me most for a loop. My
English is not that great - is the fifth word from the end a word a synonym
for "dislike?" Or, is it Italian, beginning with the first-person personal
pronoun?

Love, Liza
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)