RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 08:14:34 EDT
thought you might want to read the NFL-ish take on militant behavior, since
it's been a topic...

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 15:50:25 -0700
From: Brent <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: It is not about food

I am going to see David Wolf Speak this weekend.  I am excited.

Yesterday, I talked with Steve Adler who is a very good friend of Davids.
Steve is a young  man who has been on raw food for a couple of years.  My wife
and I went to here him speak last month. Powerful spirit that was in the room.

Anyway, steve and I talked about diet and Raw food.  Steve said that he  and
David Wolf have talked a lot about people getting "unstuck: from food.  Try to take
emotion out of eating? He said "The point is that we can  get stuck on food- it can be
our god-  but it is actually just a a means to getting there (not the end itself)"

He said that most  people who move to raw Fruits and Vegetables are going
against traditions and familiarity (left brain loves the familiar) and for them to initially break
the "Generational Imprinting" of  Meat and Cooked food is very difficult.
Sometimes it means that these first time raw fooders
become almost Militant in their behavior- They have to stiffen up their back
bone and be strong to break the "imprinting."  Until they break the imprinting, they are playing
mental ping pong (double minded).  The purpose of  NFL's first book was of this style- strong,
forceful, etc.  BTW David is writing a second book and helping Joe Alexander publish another.

Also Most people who go to Raw Food or Veganism go because of physical and
health reasons But Then as they start breaking barriers and start to heal (mentally,
physically) they start to experience spiritual things.  Eventually most will start to experience
Love
(charity) and they will start "opening up" (left brain releasing its strangle hold on the right-
the right emerging and giving space for the infinite mysteries of god).  Food then
looses its place as god, and just becomes a source of pure energy for
metabolic function on this earth at this present state.

It is a strong possability  that we are addicted to food-  Have you ever
experienced a lustful gratification from eating Decadently rich cheese cake or Extra Cheese Pizza-
it is almost like a euphoric fix. Some people actually experience a type of orgasm from eating
food. Or they experience Security, Or love- Familiarity (that is what the left brain loves).
So that is why (as far as raw food diet is concerned) the evenings when we have
come home from a long stressful day of work , when we are tired and our emotions
are on edge, we go to the old faithful (imprinting) and experience the drug of a
Cooked food, Bread, meat-  It calms us down.  And then if we can eat this cooked food
in front of our TV or Video, then we even go in deeper state of Escape.

Steve said that Juicy fruit is the least addicting for him and in fact has no
addiction.

With much Agape-Brent