RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:55:49 -0700
Jean-Louis said:
[ >  5. Fruits and vegetables we find in groceries are very different of
[ > what we would find in the wild.

Carol responded:
[ Unfortunately, that's absolutely true.  It's too bad we can't all
[ organically grow our own wild type seeds on remineralized soil
[ while stark naked in the perfect weather... with our laptops. :)

Jo sez:
This is a pleasant thought.

Jean-Louis said:
[ > In many areas of the world, human life would be impossible or
[ > very difficult without cooking, because not enough plants are
[ > edible raw...

Carol queried:
[ What areas of the world are we talking about here?  (I just wanna
[ make sure they're not on my "places to go on vacation" list. :D)

Jo sez:
Funny you mentioned that. I'd have to say that my primary destinations over
the last several years were in Southeast Asia primarily for the fruit. When
I was living in Japan, it cost me just as much to fly domestically from
Osaka to Hokkaido (the northern island) as to skip over the South China Sea
to Bangkok or Bali. I always chose to leave Japan for the hotter climate
during the winter months, better photo ops, tropical fruits and cultural
offerings.

And for the longest time I've wanted to trek in the Himalayas but other
travelers have told me that it was difficult to secure fresh fruits and
vegetables beyond villages in the lower elevations.

Naw, I'm just a tropical guy (living in the Great White North).