RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:56:33 -1000
arjen:
> What I said is not illogical, but if it is too
> difficult for you to see the logic in it, I will
> reformulate it. Forget the difficult numbers I
> mentioned. All I am basically saying is that the
> average age at death in prehistoric humans is
> extremely low and that it is hard to defend a
> statement that they "thrive" when they die so young.

Perhaps you should post a reference for such a statement (as is found on
beyondveg) and then there will be something to talk about. 2500 years ago is
hardly prehistoric.

> Secola/ Nieft:
> "I am insulting your reasoning."
>
> No you are not. These were your exact words: "it is
> very hard to argue with an argumentative SOMEONE WHO
> CAN'T THINK CLEARLY." (my capitalizing)
> That is obviously referring to me as a person!

It is referring to your reasoning abilities.

> Secola/ Nieft:
> "If one of your arguments is so utterly absurd, why
> should anyone bother to go point by point with you?"
>
> So, if I understand you correctly, someone that comes
> with a hundred good arguments and one of them is wrong
> (which hasn't so far even shown to be the case) you
> are going to disregard everything. I think that shows
> an extremely narrow minded approach to gathering new
> information.

And of the hundreds of "lines of reasoning" on beyondveg, how many have you
dismissed because they don't agree with what you believe _beforehand_?

> Secola/ Nieft:
> "You seem to fantasize that anyone who finds your
> arguments flawed is threatened (by your arguments).
> Why is that?"
>
> This is again not the case. If people think that my
> arguments are flawed and they come up with valid
> counter arguments, I don't have any problem with that.

I came up with a valid counter-argument and you cry foul.

> But when people start insulting me and putting words
> into my mouth and don't have any valid counter
> arguments, I will have to conclude that they don't
> want to see their ideologies shattered.

I have no ideologies to shatter. You do. So you see any counters as insults.
Reality, arjen, reality.

 You have yet to say, "hey, yeah, I was not thinking clearly about that" to
_any_ of the counters provided by several posters. You just go on about how
you are right and the other fellow is immature or inadequate in some way.
_Perhaps_ it is the other way around...? Is that even a possibility in your
mind?

Cheers,
Kirt