RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frank Wuts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:19:15 -0700
Rex Harrill wrote:
> "in the colon, where it *cannot* be absorbed"
> I wonder if the countless medical types who administer zillions of suppositories
> are aware that they can't possibly be absorbed.

Last semester I took an anatomy class in which the main function of the
colon was describes as absorbing water. It absorbs more water than the
small intestine, its the last stage in making feces. They also say the
colon absorbs the break down products of bacteria. The bacteria are
mainly in the colon not the small intestine so if we get anything from
the bacteria it would be from absorption by the colon.

Frank.