RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Dr. Jerry Knox BA, DC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:31:35 EDT
<< Last semester I took an anatomy class in which the main function of the
 colon was describes as absorbing water. It absorbs more water than the
 small intestine, its the last stage in making feces. They also say the
 colon absorbs the break down products of bacteria. The bacteria are
 mainly in the colon not the small intestine so if we get anything from
 the bacteria it would be from absorption by the colon.
 Frank.

loved anatomy, was teaching it at a junior college a few years ago. The data
on the colon is rather incomplete. It absorbs a lot of things, not sugar, but
many things, like Calcium, and apparently B12, which is made there, in a
healthful colon.  Have some good references on all this will post them
eventually.

Jerry