RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marjolein Hoekstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:57:13 +0200
Hi Paul and others,

I've received quite a few reactions to my postings. It gives me a warm
feeling and makes me strong.

> It sounds like, where you are, it might not be the right time for
> a huge leap to mostly or all raw foods. Stopping the sugar and
> limiting the fruits (and carbs overall), and eating a good serving
> of high-quality (hormone and antibiotic-free) meat or protein at
> each meal (this will cut sugar cravings) may be better for you right
> now. In a year or two a mango may be OK but if any fruits eaten alone
> cause such a problem now, and they used to for me, it definitely
> indicates the yeast overgrowth. I still would try to include some
> simple salads, but keep them small if they are not yet digesting well.

Exactly the same results came from the visit to my doctor today. The
candida
is very much alive and kicking, we now know.
I don't understand exactly why eating protein at each meal will cut
sugar
cravings. Could you explain this? I happen to be a convinced
vegetarian.
Making me eat meat is very difficult. Could I substitute with tofu?
For the next couple of months at least there'll be no fruit and surely
no
sugar in my diet. My housekeeper is my watchdog. She sees all the
groceries
coming into the house and will keep me on the right track. Besides,
I've
done it before, so I'll do it again.
I also keep any carbohydrates low, but that's a difficult one. I have
the
impression there are so many things I need to think of, it makes me
tired. I
also understand that although I'm not a meat eater, it's still better
not to
combine carbohydrates and proteins into one meal.

I was also adviced not to eat the same food twice within 4 days in a
row
(rotating food).

I'll go to the health food store tomorrow and get some fresh greens to
get
me started again.

> Later, when you get the yeast more under control and have the
> dietary basics
> of a whole-foods diet to where they are like a habit and not a struggle, a
> balanced raw foods and cleansing program might improve your
> health more, but
> trying to do a cleansing diet while you are still struggling to stop the
> processed food might not be the best thing, but rather just lead to more
> stress and discomfort.

This is exactly how I feel at the moment, although eating raw still
appeals
to me very much. Maybe I'll need to set up a menu schedule to make it
easier
to go raw. My husband is an old fashioned carnivore, eating fried,
refined
junk and whatever God forbid food. When I turn to raw food, I'm also
turning
further away from him, sigh. I'll manage I think. It just means we're
eating
different meals. Converting him into anything is impossible. I've
promised
not to try it, and I also believe it's impossible.

> Don't get down on yourself; it is pretty hard to change and you need the
> right support.

Thank you, I'll remember your words in times of trouble. Actually at
this
very moment I feel reasonably well.

> You might try this forum :
> http://www.healthyawareness.com/Candida/
> (however, my feelings are very mixed about the antifungal drugs
> for Candida
> often recommended, as they can sometimes backfire and lead to
> worse problems
> down the road. I question if they are ever really beneficial in the long
> run. Nystatin is relatively safe only if you are able to be completely
> strict with the diet in terms of avoiding sugar, because stopping
> the drugs
> at the same time as cheating on the diet will often cause a major setback
> and leave one actually worse-off than originally - even Dr. Ralph Golan
> admits this. The systemic antifungals like Diflucan and especially Nizoral
> are very risky).
>
> I mentioned the hazards of drug-based mercury chelation before - it is
> tempting to want a quick fix to 'correct' your health in a few
> months but it
> generally doesn't work that way. You might check this site out:

http://www.dmpsbackfire.com/

I'll look into these references. Thank you so much. It helps me a lot
that
so many people are sincerely concerned with my health. I'm sure I can
cope
now that I have so many friends who'll guide me through the process.

BTW, what type of rice are you eating?

I'm using organic rice (full rice, my dictionary calls is unpolished
rice,
what's the English word for it anyway?)

Paul

Many thanks. Have to get sleep now.