RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 08:09:01 +0200
> Wait a minute.  How can food become "denatured" if it is frozen by the

The cells will be damaged by being frozen. They will break and
leak their contents. Than all kinds of not-so-natural chemical
and bacterial reactions can occur.

Generally, the long-time Instinctos warn against eating frozen
stuff because the stops are much less intense and one can get
sickness symptoms from it.

My experience with frozen fish was:
- It is hard to recognize from the outside, only that it might
  be more watery than normal.
- Good fish filets can be put on a hook for drying, frozen can't.
  They will drop after a while because their structure is damaged
  and weak.
- Frozen fish that I dried myself was more attractive than normal.

I assume that frozen food did not appear in the natural habitat
of our ancestors. So our genes are not properly adapted to it.

Karl